Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Senior Design Researcher to join our Minneapolis team. As a member of the Research + Strategy Department at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in human centered design and design thinking to better understand end users and the context that surrounds them. We deliver successful results on projects ranging from developing strategies for medical device companies to serve global communities, creating innovative solutions for pharmaceutical companies to better serve patients and healthcare providers, and observing in clinical spaces at hospitals to discover new ways for products and services to meet the needs of users.
As a Senior Design Researcher you will be responsible to lead research and strategy projects by orchestrating the project team, objectives, timeline, and deliverables to ensure innovative insights, support our clients’ unique business challenges.
We are looking for someone that is knowledgeable in the human centered design process and is skilled in human driven data capture/ethnographic design research methodologies, so much so that they can teach clients and lead project team members with confidence.
- Translate fuzzy client challenges into clear project objectives and thoughtful research plans.
- Lead the creation of, as well as provide quality oversight on, everything from research protocol materials, to detailed journey maps, to strategic insight presentations.
- Organize and lead engaging workshops with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead freeform discussions with everyone from business executives, to doctors, to medical technicians, to patients.
- Confidently and comfortably conduct observational research in patients’ homes, operating rooms, and medical treatment and recovery homes.
- Craft and tell compelling, human-centered stories that build organizational empathy.
- Provide guidance and structure to early stages of data analysis and synthesis.
- Engage with our client partners to understand their priorities and strategically balance those with the priorities and needs of their end customer.
- Drive design research activities including user interviews, heuristic evaluations, usability studies, field research, or other ethnographic techniques.
- Lead client communication throughout the engagement
- Strongly demonstrate strategic thinking and communication and take a leadership role on our team
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in design research, human factors, or usability in medical devices
- Understanding of Biodesign practices
- 4-year (BS) degree in Lifesciences, Human Factors, Systems Engineering, or Product Design
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Open to travel
Nice to Have
- 1 or more years of experience in an agency setting (billable work, client management, budgets, and time management)
- Previous experience working in health care
- An eye for design and desire to push how we tell dense, data-rich stories in a visual way
- Experience with virtual collaboration/remote research methodologies and tools
- Experience with data analysis / Quant research experience
- Front-end innovation strategy experience that includes consideration of stakeholder experience journeys, product and service portfolios, and business cases
- Visualization skills using Adobe Creative Suite
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.