Co-ops and internships at Worrell are created to allow high-potential engineers an opportunity to contribute to a range of projects across the healthcare landscape with a focus on medical device design. This is a paid, full time summer long position, or multiple semester co-op position.
As an Engineering co-op/intern, you will learn about the consulting process and participate in Mechanical Design Engineering activities like product definition, concept generation, prototyping and product design. You will learn how engineering solutions come to life through human-centered design under the mentorship of our senior engineers, while working in talented multi-disciplinary teams.
CO-OP AND INTERNSHIP ACTIVITIES
- Learn about human-centered design and how Worrell takes this approach in healthcare.
- Build presentation and communication skills with a small global team.
- Develop prototypes with SolidWorks CAD and rapid prototyping processes including different 3D printing technologies.
- Surfacing and master-modeling CAD development
- Test prototypes to understand technical feasibility and performance
- Create case studies and other materials that succinctly show the value of your work.
- Observe all stages of the client project life cycle, including project management and client interface
- Completed at least a junior or senior year in the Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering program or Product Design program.
- A strong portfolio and resume showing your Solidworks 3D modeling, academic research, prototyping skills and thought process.
- Curious about the human centered design process
- Self-driven worker capable of seeking out solutions to problems
- Ambitions to experience the fast pace rigor of a consultancy
- A passion for solving healthcare problems
- Ability to work 9-5 M-F over the summer of 2022 in our MN office (internship) or starting Spring semester 2022 (co-op).