Worrell is currently seeking a full-time User Experience/User Interface Designer to join our Minneapolis team. This is an on-site position via our Northeast Minneapolis office. As a UX/UI designer at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in the digital space, including embedded software, web design, and mobile applications, but we’re always flexing our print design muscles in tandem with these digital solutions. We’re tasked with delivering everything from user case scenarios and information architecture diagrams to digital prototypes and final aesthetic designs.
We are a small, fast-moving team, and every day’s work is different. The problems we tackle on a daily basis require someone who can work independently but knows collaboration and asking for help are just as important to a successful design process. Our team relies on strong communication skills, both visual and written, and an almost obsessive attention to detail. Each new project is a chance to challenge our brains to learn about new technologies, medical procedures, and safety guidelines, and we constantly find ourselves in the position of a patient or user advocate.
We depend on Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Omnigraffle and Axure to execute on our ideas, but have a deep affection for a wall of empty whiteboard space and a hefty stack of Post-its. More than anything, our team is here to solve problems and create innovative solutions that directly impact the lives of our users.
- Define structure and user flow for digital user interfaces including embedded software, mobile apps, and other screens
- Maintain a user-centric focus while creating visual designs and consistent design languages for digital and print components
- Work collaboratively and independently on a variety of tasks
- Present your own work for internal critique and client-facing presentations
- Communicate and collaborate with departments within Worrell, and assist on research efforts, co-creations, and other cross-departmental efforts
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of related professional work experience
- 4-year degree in Graphic, Interactive, Product, UX Design, or related creative field
- User Experience Design (use case scenarios, system mapping, wireframes, digital prototyping, usability testing, etc.)
- Digital User Interface Design (presentation layer graphics, mobile app design, etc.)
- Graphic Design (Branding, Packaging, Documents, Marketing Materials)
- Communication (writing, speaking, critique, co-creation, presenting, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Open to occasional travel
- Unyielding curiosity about people, products, design, and technology
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.