Worrell is currently seeking a full-time UI/Motion Designer to join our Minneapolis team. As a designer at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in the digital space, including virtual reality, augmented reality, embedded software, web design, and mobile applications. We’re tasked with delivering everything from user case scenarios and information architecture diagrams to digital prototypes with micro-animations and final aesthetic designs. We are a small, fast-moving team, and every day’s work is different. The problems we tackle on a daily basis require someone who can work independently but knows collaboration and asking for help are just as important to a successful design process.
Our team relies on strong communication skills, both visual and written, and an almost obsessive attention to detail. Each new project is a chance to challenge our brains to learn about new technologies, medical procedures, and safety guidelines, and we constantly find ourselves in the position of a patient or user advocate.
- Define structure and user flow for digital user interfaces including VR, AR/MR, embedded software, mobile apps, and other screens
- Maintain a user-centric focus while creating visual designs and consistent design languages for digital and print components
- Work collaboratively and independently on a variety of tasks
- Present your own work for internal critique and client-facing presentations
- Communicate and collaborate with departments within Worrell, and assist on research efforts, co-creations, and other cross-departmental efforts
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years of related professional work experience
- 4-year degree in Graphic, Interactive or Game Design
- Digital User Interface Design (presentation layer graphics, mobile app design, etc.)
- Extended Reality (XR) Design (VR, AR/MR, animation, spatial, storyboards)
- Communication (writing, speaking, critique, co-creation, presenting, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Open to occasional travel
- Unyielding curiosity about people, products, design, and technology
- Strong desire to work on designing solutions for healthcare
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.