Worrell is currently seeking a passionate and talented Technical Director to join our US team. The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in leading product innovation workstreams as a chief engineer across multiple programs including program planning, definition of product requirements and specifications, generating technical concept solutions, facilitating prototyping and evaluations methods, consulting on design and development processes, and executing design engineering activities.
As leadership on our Product Innovation team you will collaborate across internal teams and interface directly with clients, external stakeholders like HCPs, and partners/suppliers. In support of business development activities, you will join prospect client meetings to provide technical insight and scope activities, collaborating with business unit leaders to build program processes for proposals.
This is an opportunity to truly impact the design and engineering of life-saving medical devices and systems across a wide range of healthcare solutions.
- Lead and organize technical workstreams on client programs across all phases of the Product Innovation processes, including the translation of unmet needs, generating technical requirements, product definition, concept generation, product design, and detailed development
- Facilitate project and process planning for client programs in collaboration with program management and BU leadership.
- Create and review program deliverables and documentation across Product Innovation activities.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and collaborative resource for technical aspects and processes of Product Innovation and development activities across the organization.
- Drive improvement and expansion of Engineering and Prototyping expertise, capabilities, equipment, and service offerings.
- Contribute to strategic planning and execution of initiatives to strengthen Worrell’s Product Innovation and Engineering value proposition.
- Leverage experience and expertise to build professional network and maintain relationships with client.
- Contribute to the generation of proposal scoping and provide technical expertise to client capabilities discussions and presentations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business drivers, customer needs and global dynamics to create viable strategic plans for service offerings and development of new expertise
- Support resource allocation for technical departments and participate in cross-functional resource planning meetings
- Contribute to business unit goal setting, implement and track departmental and individual goals, and manage individual performance reviews
- Ensure technical competency and expertise in the organization around risk, product safety requirements, reliability, usability requirements, global regulatory standards and compliance
- Support initiative to align processes across business units and global offices by assisting in refinement of existing and creation of product innovation and engineering processes and tools
- Passion for healthcare and technical innovation with a curiosity to explore new possibilities and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or applicable field
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of engineering experience in the medical device industry, of which five (5) years should include supervisory experience and at least two (2) years at the senior management level
- Medical device experience thorough working knowledge of general engineering principles and both ISO and FDA requirements pertaining to the medical device industry
- Experience with capital medical equipment and electromechanical systems
- Strong client-service orientation with the ability to proactively recommend and reshape based on client needs
- Consulting agency experience preferred
- Experience leading a team and managing a number of direct reports across multiple departments
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills, and an analytical and process-oriented approach to improvement of company performance
- Experience working to develop accurate estimates of work within a thoughtful project plan
- Proven experience working in SolidWorks and/or Pro/Engineer, including surfacing and master-modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes, including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, machined part design, etc.
- Ability to lead creative brainstorming sessions and effectively apply technical knowledge to solve design challenges
- Design-oriented engineer with passion for holistically incorporating engineering solutions into designed products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups
- Strong team building skills, proven excellence in working in and with teams
- Excellent organizational, presentation and leadership skills