Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Technical Analyst to join our Minneapolis team. As a Technical Analyst at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in human centered design and design thinking to better understand end users and the context that surrounds them. We deliver successful results on projects ranging from developing strategies for medical device companies to serve global communities, creating innovative solutions for pharmaceutical companies to better serve patients and healthcare providers, and observing in clinical spaces at hospitals to discover new ways for products and services to meet the needs of users.
The Technical Analyst brings technical engineering and clinical knowledge to medical device design research programs. This position conducts early-stage user needs assessments through direct stakeholder interviews and observing clinical procedures. You will synthesize field work into common themes and actionable insights for our clients through productive brainstorming. You will help facilitate broad ideation sessions by bringing first or second-hand field insights, deep technical knowledge of product design, and strategic thinking. This role will specifically play a part in translating research outputs into Product Innovation or Human Factors inputs.
- Strategize during desk research phase to find themes and insights around project subject matter
- Participate in design research activities including user interviews, heuristic evaluations, usability studies, field research, or other ethnographic techniques.
- Conduct needs finding and needs validation activities
- Create quality documentation and presentations
- By building consensus, drive synthesis process based on research and analysis
- Observe ways for surgical instruments to meet the needs of users
- Deliver successful results on projects developing strategies for medical device companies to serve global communities
- Create innovative solutions for pharmaceutical companies to better serve patients and HCPs
- Participate in blueprinting sessions to best show research findings
- Present research findings to the client in a creative and collaborative manner
- Degree in biomechanical engineering, mechanical engineering, or biodesign
- 3-5 years experience in R&D for healthcare products
- Demonstrate thought-leadership with a passion for translating ideas into action
- Design Research (developing interview materials and activities, conducting user interviews, leading synthesis, and crafting presentations and reports.)
- High level of professional communication, including writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Strong demonstration of empathy, especially with users such as patients, families, and HCP’s
- Advanced understanding of personas, customer journey maps, quantitative research methods, usability testing, and analytics
- Project leadership skills including project management
- Ability to deliver high quality work on multiple concurrent projects while minding timelines