Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Service Designer to join our Minneapolis team. As a designer at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design.
We are a small, fast-moving team, and every day’s work is different. The problems we tackle on a daily basis require someone who can work independently but knows collaboration and asking for help are just as important to a successful design process. Our team relies on strong communication skills, both visual and written, and an almost obsessive attention to detail. Each new project is a chance to challenge us to learn about new technologies, business solutions, and healthcare services. As a member of the team, you must be unyieldingly curious about the interactions between humans and the rest of the world — be it technology, systems, services, or each other.
- Support the discovery, design and development aspects of Service Design projects by solving design and product problems.
- Supporting client communications on large-scale projects (participating in ideation sessions, delivering presentations, maintaining trustworthy relationships, satisfying client deliverables).
- Collaborating with Design Researchers and UX/UI Designers
- Conducting Design Research plans (organizing and conducting user interviews, developing interview materials and activities, leading synthesis, and generating meaningful insights and behavior patterns for presentations and reports).
- Conducting Service Strategies and Visualizations (mapping, frameworks, roadmaps)
- Maintaining attention to detail (Defining and structuring research, deliverables, resources and schedules that are consistent with project goals).
- Bringing empathy for the user into every project, and advocate for the needs of others through design.
- The ideal candidate will have2+ years of years of experience in design research, human-centered design, service design, or related field.
- 4-year degree in Service Design, Interaction Design, or related field.
- Ability and willingness to travelwithin US & OUS territories.
- Unyielding curiosity about people, products, design, and services.
- Experience with strategy and design of services.
- Clear understanding of the healthcare delivery industry
- Strong client-service orientation with the ability to pro-actively recommend or rethink requests based on clients’ needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers, customer needs, and global dynamics.
- Strong team building skills, proven excellence in working in, and with, teams.
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.