Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Senior Industrial Designer to join our growing team in Minneapolis.
As a part of our Design team, you will collaborate with a strong team of designers to handle the conceptualization and development of new products including creating aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products. Industrial Designers are expected to contribute to all stages of development, from initial research and brainstorming to client presentations. The iterative design process includes sketching, 3D modeling, photo-real rendering and prototyping. As a Senior on the team, you are expected to show leadership skills by guiding less experienced designers in “best practice” methodologies.
Senior Industrial Designers may act as the project manager on small scale projects; or industrial design phase manager on larger scale projects. Project duties may also include determining materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with other teams at Worrell and with the client.
- Quickly and efficiently visualize design intention through concept sketches, prototypes, or renderings using a variety of tools.
- Develop and iterate innovative approaches to complex design challenges
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to produce meaningful ideas and concepts
- Manage and execute client design expectations and directives, as well as lead design phases, objectives and deliverables with attention to detail and project requirements.
- Create well-crafted, design-focused presentations and present to clients and management team
- Ability to manage one’s workload and direction as provided by the Director of Design.
- Act as design phase leader on multi-team projects and provide project direction and feedback to team
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Industrial Design or Product Design
- 5-10 years’ experience in human centered Industrial Design
- At least 3 years of experience designing for medical device, healthcare, or pharma
- A strong portfolio that showcases a sharp eye for details and visual aesthetics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; Microsoft Office programs; CAD (Preferred programs: SolidWorks, Alias, Rhino), and KeyShot
- Experience with sketching and creating physical models
- Project management experience is a plus