Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Senior Design Researcher to join our Minneapolis team. As a Senior Design Researcher at Worrell, you will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in human centered design and design thinking to better understand end users and the context that surrounds them. We deliver successful results on projects ranging from developing strategies for medical device companies to serve global communities, creating innovative solutions for pharmaceutical companies to better serve patients and healthcare providers, and observing in clinical spaces at hospitals to discover new ways for products and services to meet the needs of users.
We are a small, fast-moving team, and every day’s work is different. The problems we tackle on a daily basis require someone who can work independently but knows collaboration and asking for help are just as important to a successful design process. We rely on effective written communication, an eye to design, and attention to detail when developing interview materials and crafting reports and presentations. We must be well spoken and inquisitive when conducting user interviews and delivering presentations. We also need to learn quickly and think strategically in order to find themes and insights in our desk and user research. We depend on the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office products to complete our work.
- Design Research (leading, organizing, and conducting user interviews, developing interview materials and activities, leading synthesis, and generating meaningful insights and behavior patterns for presentations and reports.)
- Journey Mapping and Service Blueprinting (planning and creating visual representations of workflows, experiences, and specifications that support them)
- Communication (speaking, writing, leading and facilitating ideation sessions, delivering presentations)
- Collaboration (working closely with different types of people to effectively drive outcomes)
- Leadership (maintaining trustworthy relationships, leading tasks and projects to satisfy client deliverables)
- Attention to detail (Definining and structuring research, deliverables, resources and schedules that are consistent with project goals)
- Bring empathy for the user into every project, and advocate for the needs of others through design
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of years of experience in design research, human-centered design, service design, or related field
- 4-year degree in Service Design, Interaction Design, or related field
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Open to travel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A positive attitude
- Unyielding curiosity about people, products, design, and technology