Ximedica believes that the best way to impact the health and wellness of our global society is through technological innovation. We pride ourselves in taking a human-centered approach to design and deliver the highest quality products to solve healthcare’s toughest problems. Despite over 30 years of experience in engineering, design, and consulting, we still embrace our start-up culture that challenges us to continually evolve the way we do business, push the boundaries of breakthrough technology, and reflect the ever-changing needs of our clients, employees, and society.
We are a company of problem solvers, inventors, artists, teachers, teammates, and friends. We value the differences that make us unique and embrace different ways of thought.
Our growing company offers a high-energy, high-achieving, collaborative culture that fosters a creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours!
The Senior Electrical Engineer helps execute and guide electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process – from initial design to final manufacturing transfer.
NATURE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, he/she stays abreast of current methods and trends in electrical engineering, consumer electronics, and consumer communications. He/She will also provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products and equipment designed by Ximedica’s product development staff and shipped to clients in the U.S. and abroad. Professional development and mentoring of junior staff is a secondary aspect of the role.
- Broad range of electrical engineering, including experience in digital and analog circuit design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping and debug. Familiarity with Altium is preferred
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability techniques, including domestic and non-domestic sourcing
- Basic technical project management, including communicating with internal personnel, including program managers, design, mechanical, software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and research. External communication includes OEM factories, suppliers, and clients at a technical level
- Work with Quality Engineering to author, organize, occasionally execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and life-cycle requirements.
- Mentor engineers in electronics and medical product design practices
- Make technical presentations to the R&D staff
- Introduce new electronics design tools, including software applications and test equipment
- Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design process
- Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA compliance
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years of project management experience
- Experience in design research and/or market research, qualitative respondent recruitment and healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Strong client-service orientation with the ability to pro-actively recommend or rethink requests based on client needs
- Ability to manage multiple qualitative research projects accurately and on-time in a fast-paced environment where moving deadlines and other changes often occur in real time
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of project management principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, project management software and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
At Ximedica, LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ximedica believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.