Worrell is currently seeking a passionate and talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Minneapolis office. The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in medical device and combination devices development, including strong CAD modeling skills. Above all, he/she must have a passion for creating innovative engineering design solutions.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer on our Product Innovation team, you will represent Worrell as a technical professional and a creative designer. This is a client-facing role that requires skills like problem-solving, effective communication, self-motivation, and a keen eye for the detail.
This is an opportunity to truly impact the usability of medical devices, as they are being designed and engineered.
- Contribute during all phases of the product development cycle with particular emphasis on engineering design and development.
- Usher programs through all parts of the product development process, including product definition, concept generation, product design, and development/manufacturing.
- Create engineering design files and documentation to capture the design and development work being completed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proven experience working in SolidWorks and/or Pro/Engineer, including surfacing and master-modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes, including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, machined part design, etc.
- Creative brainstormer capable of effectively applying engineering knowledge to design problems
- Design-oriented engineer with passion for holistically incorporating engineering solutions into designed products
- Experience working with industrial designers to realize industrial design vision (preferred)
- Highly organized individual, with a thorough and careful approach to design work
- Effective communicator, especially involving transmission of technical concepts to non-technical teams
- Capable of handling many concurrent project work streams
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.