Worrell is currently seeking a well-rounded and creative Extended Reality Software Engineer to join our growing development team in Minneapolis.
We are a small, agile, young team, who can quickly design and develop solutions to emerging needs in the digital health market. We are driving innovation within the digital health space by continuously integrating new and secure technologies to improve patient health outcomes, specifically in virtual reality, extended reality, and augmented reality. We must be able to learn quickly and adopt new development technologies as they become relevant. We know the value of failing fast and having high standards for every deliverable.
Worrell is a fast-moving, highly dynamic workplace. New additions to our team must be curious and inquisitive, work well independently, and know how to collaborate and communicate openly.
This position reports directly to Worrell’s Head of Software Development, and is responsible for executing on all development projects.
- Design, develop, and test XR, VR, and AR concepts for a wide range of client work and internal projects
- Communicate and collaborate with departments within Worrell, and assist on research efforts, co-creations, and other cross-departmental efforts
- Present your own work for internal critique and client-facing presentations
- Review and Maintain existing projects ranging from iOS/Android to HMD technologies
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and provide management with technology insights
- Holds a BS/MS in Computer Science with experience with mobile/web development
- 2-3+ years of experience with AR/VR technologies (Unity3D, Blender, Visiual Studio, Oculus SDK, ARKit etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS/Google), IoT Devices and their integrations
- Ideal candidates will be proficient in Unity, C#, Swift, Java, and have a willingness to adapt to changing product/project needs, learning new technologies and platforms when necessary
- Understanding of REST architecture and web technologies
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Motivated, fun, and comfortable taking ideas and bringing them to life
- 2-3+ years of experience in cross platform mobile and backend development
- Portfolio of AR/mobile app development
- Experience with developing for HoloLens, Magic Leap, and ARKit
Worrell is a healthcare research, design and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis. We have offices in Shanghai and London and a 45-year track record of award-winning design. We offer competitive compensation, an awesome work environment and company culture, and the chance to build and work with some of the most influential and innovative companies in the world. And of course, we are an equal opportunity employer.