The Director of Sales & Business Development will be responsible for new business development in Asia with a focus on China. The role requires a proven ability to engage in a consultative sale to secure contracts, upsell from the initial sale and ensure contract renewal and expansion. You will primarily sell research & design services to multinational medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers. You will have the opportunity to grow Worrell’s business by building relationships with existing clients and new clients by strategically organizing projects that leverage the core competencies of the firm.
- Plan and execute a sales strategy to develop and grow existing client accounts, and identify and develop new client accounts.
- Work with clients and their procurement teams to mitigate potential barriers to collaboration/engagement.
- Consult with clients in order to identify and scope opportunities for core Worrell service offerings – ethnographic research, strategy, design & human factors.
- Coordinate with BU Mangers & Directors to develop appropriate project plans and corresponding budgets.
- Draft and update project proposals throughout the RFQ process.
- Negotiate price and scope of work with both client and internal teams in order to identify win/win scenarios.
- Ensure smooth transition from close of sale to project kickoff.
- Regularly review completed project performance metrics (client satisfaction, schedule, profitability, etc…) with BU Managers & Directors in order to inform and improve the sales process.
- Actively update and monitor the sales pipeline using Saleforce and other tools.
- Frequently engage with other Sales/Business Development team members from across the organization (US & Europe) in order to identify synergies and opportunities for expansion.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets assigned by Senior Management.
- Undertake regular business reviews with management to evaluate performance and client growth opportunities
- Other tasks required by the Management Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, life sciences or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of sales and/or marketing experience in healthcare industry.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – both English & Mandarin
- Ability to frequently travel.
- Proven track record of new business development skills to uncover customer decision criteria and how to approach the sale from the customer viewpoint.
- Ability to call high into an organization (Director / VP level) to discuss business requirements and outcomes.
- Capability to frame integrated solutions to senior level clients/prospects and converse in the “language” of senior decision makers.
- Ability to translate business objectives into solution frameworks and compelling proposals.
- Disciplined and self-motivated to develop and implement a sales plan.
- An understanding of Market Research/Advisory and Design services and the role they play within client organizations.