Worrell is currently seeking a full-time Director of Research and Strategy to join our growing team in Shanghai, China.
As the Director of Research and Strategy, you will assume leadership of a team and business unit in Worrell’s Shanghai office that conducts work across the Asia-Pacific region. This role requires a high level of technical expertise in order to lead the execution of client deliverables across the full range of Research and Strategy projects, as well as provide direction and mentorship to the local team. Leadership duties also extend to client account management and commercial activity.
- Leverage experience and expertise to build relationships with clients, contribute to generation of project proposals, and close new project opportunities in Asia Pacific
- Effectively communicate with Worrell’s global teams and executive management in regard to workload and project pipeline
- Lead client communications on projects (speaking, writing, leading and participating in ideation sessions, delivering presentations)
- Manage resource allocation for Research and Strategy team and participate in cross-functional resource planning meetings
- Lead Shanghai Research and Strategy team in all phases of Research Programs including conducting user interviews, developing interview materials and activities, leading synthesis, and crafting presentations and reports.
- Lead the team in all phases of Service Design, including journey mapping, service blueprinting, strategy development, roadmaps, playbooks
- Grow and manage direct reports, providing leadership and support for individual and team development through goal setting and performance management
- Uphold standards of quality and integrity in execution of all Research and Strategy deliverables, and in coordination with global Research and Strategy group
- Drive improvement and expansion of Research and Strategy expertise, capabilities, and resources
- Nurture a culture of innovation and excellence within Worrell’s organization
- Support the leadership’s strategic plans to grow the global reach and impact of Worrell’s Research and Strategy service offering and value proposition.
- 7 years of working experience of successfully moving from a fuzzy challenge to a clear set of data-driven, actionable, non-obvious recommendations
- At least 5 years of working experiences in design research for MNC, leading marketing firm, and/or consulting firm. During the past experiences, two years of health-care research projects is a must-have requirement.
- Team management experience
- Strong client-service orientation with the ability to pro-actively recommend or rethink requests based on clients’ needs
- Project management and leadership experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both written and verbal, presenting credibly and effectively to senior stakeholders in both Mandarin and English
- Fieldwork execution experience including customer interviews, surveys, market reports, industry research, and analytical modeling
- Lead research synthesis, craft engaging and digestible reports, and present recommendations to clients
- Capacity for professional empathy: can articulate takeaways and present content with accurate and insightful language/wording.
- Skilled at navigating large organizations and experience working on multiple projects with cross-functional teams while challenging the status quo
- Team player with strong leadership skills – you take ownership of your project team’s work and you are willing to help people around you to become even better
- A great attention to detail balanced with an ability to quickly learn and understand a novel space/problem area
- Unyielding curiosity for healthcare, people, products, design, and technology
- Master’s degree in design and research, social study relevant major such as Ethnography, Social Anthropology, Service Design, Business, or medical/healthcare relevant major
- International working experience or education
- An adept knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
NICE TO HAVE
- 1 or more years of experience in an agency setting (billable work, client management, budgets, and time management)
- An eye for design and desire to push how we tell dense, data-rich stories in a visual way
- Experience with virtual collaboration/remote research methodologies and tools
- Experience with data analysis / Quant research experience
- Front-end innovation strategy experience that includes consideration of stakeholder experience journeys, product and service portfolios, and business cases
IMPORTANT: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Director of Research and Strategy” listed in the subject line.