Worrell is looking for an enthusiastic Director of User Experience. Operating as a leader within Product Innovation Business Unit, you will oversee and manage a growing team as the Director of User Experience. This is a client-facing role that requires a high level of design expertise in order to lead the definition and design aspects of User Experience and User Interface client projects, including process planning, team leadership, design execution, and deliverable management. Leadership duties extend to supporting function hiring and facilitating ongoing professional development.
A critical aspect of the director-level role is to participate in Account Management and commercial leadership activities to drive business growth with both new and existing clients.
The Director of User Experience will support Worrell’s global team and other business units including Research & Strategy and Human Factors Engineering projects.
- Contribute during all phases of the product and service design process with particular emphasis on User Experience definition, design, and implementation
- Lead UX team in all phases of User Experience including use case scenarios, product definition, system mapping, information architecture, wireframes, visual design language, digital prototyping, usability testing, etc.
- Lead UX team in all phases of Digital User Interface design including presentation layer graphics, mobile app design, etc.
- Leverage experience and expertise to build relationships with clients, contribute to the generation of project proposals, and close new project opportunities
- Effectively communicate with operations and project management teams in regard to workload and project pipeline management
- Lead and support client communications on projects (speaking, writing, leading, and participating in ideation sessions, delivering presentations)
- Support resource allocation for UX team and participate in cross-functional resource planning meetings
- Contribute to business unit goal setting, implement and track departmental and individual goals, and manage individual performance reviews
- Collaboration with team members across the international locations and divisions
- Uphold standards of quality and integrity in the execution of all UX deliverables, and in coordination with the global Product Innovation group.
- Drive improvement and expansion of UX expertise, capabilities, and resources
- Nurture a culture of innovation and excellence within Worrell’s organization
- Support the leadership’s strategic plans to grow the global reach and impact of Worrell’s UX service offering and value proposition.
- Expand external exposure of Worrell’s UX presence and industry relevancy, promoting a culture of expertise and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, User Experience/Interactive Design, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading and/or executing human-centered design processes and projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading human-centered design projects in the Medical Device industry
- Consulting experience is preferred
- Experience leading strategy and design of digital healthcare products
- Knowledge and experience in labeling and instructional design
- A clear understanding of the medical device and healthcare delivery industry
- Strong client-service orientation with the ability to pro-actively recommend or rethink requests based on clients’ needs
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers, customer needs, and global dynamics
- Strong team-building skills, proven excellence in working in, and with teams
- Willingness to handle leading and contributing to several projects at once