We are currently seeking a full-time Design Researcher to join our Minneapolis team. You will be part of a team working to improve lives globally through design. Our work centers itself in human centered design and design thinking to better understand end users and the context that surrounds them. We deliver successful results on projects ranging from developing strategies for medical device companies to serve global communities, creating innovative solutions for pharmaceutical companies to better serve patients and healthcare providers, and observing in clinical spaces at hospitals to discover new ways for products and services to meet the needs of users.
We are a small, fast-moving team, and every day’s work is different. The problems we tackle daily require someone who can work independently, but knows that collaboration and asking for help are just as important to a successful design process. We rely on effective written communication, an eye to design, and attention to detail when developing interview materials and crafting reports and presentations. We must be well spoken and inquisitive when conducting user interviews and delivering presentations. We also need to learn quickly and think strategically to find themes and insights in our desk and user research. We depend on the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office products to complete our work.
- Design Research (leading, organizing, and conducting user interviews, developing interview materials and activities, leading synthesis, and generating meaningful insights and behavior patterns for presentations and reports.)
- Communication (speaking, writing, leading and facilitating ideation sessions, delivering presentations)
- Collaboration (working closely with different types of people to effectively drive outcomes)
- Bring empathy for the user into every project, and advocate for the needs of others through design
- The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of experience in design research, user research, and/or ethnographic research
- Understanding of user/design research and healthcare industry
- 4-year (BS) degree in a design or qualitative/ethnographic research field
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Open to travel